New Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer, what will it be like?
29 September 17New Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer, what will it be like?
Developer Josef Průša presented a new 3D printer model Prusa i3 MK3. First information on the device changes in comparison with the first version appeared on the Internet.
• The filament sensor. Now it's laser.
Emergency stop sensor for power loss. The device will continue to print even after the power goes off. Printer is equipped with a system that saves a required amount of energy in case of a voltage slump, disabling the platform heating.
Fan speed sensor. This sensor protects the printer from radiator and nozzles overheating.
• Two new thermistors. They enable air temperature measuring. This will help prevent the MINTEMP mistake, as well as compensate for the problems with detector's reaction height in high temperatures.
• EINSY RAMBo motherboard and Trinamic2130 drivers. According to the creator, this is the most technological board for the printer. It has functions of power supply monitoring, drivers equipping and finding zero positions without switches. 256 driver microstep. Printing speed is increased to 200mm/s.
• New Y-axis. New axis has an aluminum profile instead of screws. Due to this, frame is more rigid and adds another 10mm to Z-axis.
• Bondtech extruder. Device presses the thread from both sides, which simplifies flexible materials printing process. Working platform cooling also comes from both sides.
• MK52 table heater. A new magnetic and flexible printing pad. It can be replaced with another one without wasting time on cooling.
Cost of the new 3D printer is $750. The previous model price is $599.
Latest News market innovation
Uber Eats will be available in Ukraine. What is it and how to use it?
Uber announced the launch of Uber Eats, a food delivery service, in several cities of Ukraine. The service is now available in many cities in the EU, Asia, North and South America. You have to download the app to use...
Nuro raised $92 million for unmanned trucks production
Two ex-Googlers founded Nuro, a startup developed a prototype of an unmanned truck for delivery of goods. Instead of improving the existing Ford Focus, they’ve created a truck that is 2 times smaller than ordinary cars. Its operating name is...