3D Print Conference Kiev – portal to the world of additive future
20 September 163D Print Conference Kiev – portal to the world of additive future
On the 16th of September NSC Olimpiyskiy hosted one of the main innovative events, dedicated to the development of additive technology in Ukraine – 3D Print Conference Kiev.
This year’s specialized event has broken all records compared to the previous events: during a day the event was attended by more than 1800 people and 27 exhibitors. Guests and conference speakers agreed that there is a great leap forward in the development of 3D technology:
“The number of exhibition participants has increased significantly. It is now becoming apparent that additive technology in Ukraine is developing; people are well-versed in types of 3D printers and printing methods. We are now beginning to work for smart and sophisticated audience, which start thinking over the application of additive technology in all areas of live on a professional level”, said 3dprinter.ua founder Marina Izhutova.
Prize drawing, art zone, concert and 3D printed guitar…
The list of activities that were held in the expo zone of 3D Print Conference Kiev could go on and on. All exhibitors did their best in order to surprise guests with something special. Attendees had a wide range of activities to choose from:
- contest on the best picture created with the help of 3D pen MYRIWELL within 3D Art zone;
- selfie contest from Verbatim;
- drawing of 3D printed model of bike at iPrint3D stand;
- as part of the event Moy3D has conducted a drawing of Delta Rostock 3D printer among the exhibition participant’s;
- at “Stakhanovets” (“Sтахановец”) exhibition stand visitors could learn about the development process of 3D models of dental prostheses, as well as about the application of additive technologies in medicine and dentistry.
For the first time in Ukraine as a part of 3D Print Conference Kiev there was a unique concert: Fontaliza band has performed its popular songs during a coffee break, using a 3D guitar printed by Moy3D.
In the expo zone everyone could see professional 3D equipment that is used in medicine, architecture, automobile construction and shipbuilding, jewelry design, culinary art, etc. Guests saw a lot of extraordinary items: smiling Buddha hugging tyrannosaur Rex, giant Pikachu together with dozens of its mini copies, Minecraft weapons, unbreakable vases and a wide range of various figures – from malicious skulls to complicated constructions created with 3D pen.
Educational conference with 3D printing experts
3D Print Conference Kiev includes not only exhibition zone, but also an educational conference. The event brought together those who use three-dimensional technologies in production, urban and infrastructure development and other sectors:
- Brennan Purtzer – US Peace Corps representative – told about the application of additive technologies for the development of poor cities of Ukraine. The speaker is planning to open a 3D print school in Kalush and later on to create a network of such schools all over the country;
- Maxim Gerbut – PassivDom CEO – shared the secrets of the development of “passive houses”, and told about the difference between 7D and 3D printers;
- Danila Prikhodko – representative of Imatek – discussed prospects for the application of 3D technologies in industrial production;
- Alexander Timoshenko (Softprom by ERC) reported on the utilization and features of 3D modeling software from Autodesk;
- Igor Zhelezhiak (3DprinterOS) outlined the main criteria for the development of local and online applications for 3D printing.
Other speakers of the conference were Alexey Gvozdenko (trends of 3D printing world market), Nikolay Kovbasa (details of 3D engineering), Oleg Kireev (quality control and testing of ABS and PLA), Artemy Drobyazko (industrial design and additive technology in startup realization), Dmitriy Godomskiy (copyright and 3D printing).
The whole day of workshops for children and adults!
Exhibition and Conference within 3D Print Conference Kiev were not the only activities held for visitors by the organizers. During the whole day everyone could visit workshops for children and adults.
Professional lectures for beginners
In the workshop zone for adults lecturers told about the fundamentals of 3D printing, its types, a variety of technologies and features of their utilization. Experts have also mentioned the most high-quality 3D printers for professional use, revealed the secrets of 3D modeling and scanning, and told about software for the creation of models of various products, as well as about their own life hacks.
Entertaining activities for kids of any age!
As part of 3D Print Conference Kiev intRobots company has equipped the zone of workshops for kids. Experienced professionals were teaching young specialists to work with 3D modeling software, create 3D images with help of 3D pen, as well as were giving basic knowledge of robot programming with the help of Arduino.
Mares Shamzhy – 3D Print Conference Kiev project director – commented the event that was held on the 16th September as follows:
"Every year 3D Print Conference Kiev is growing and becoming more outstanding. The 3D printing market is growing as well. Innovations are developing, we are increasingly aware of the fact that the future is in IT only. This time 27 exhibitors took part in the exhibition, and I hope that next year their number will increase significantly. I look forward to seeing all of you next fall at 3D Print Conference Kiev 2017”.
See you next year at the new exhibition and conference 3D Print Conference Kiev!
Latest News market innovation
Uber Eats will be available in Ukraine. What is it and how to use it?
Uber announced the launch of Uber Eats, a food delivery service, in several cities of Ukraine. The service is now available in many cities in the EU, Asia, North and South America. You have to download the app to use...
Nuro raised $92 million for unmanned trucks production
Two ex-Googlers founded Nuro, a startup developed a prototype of an unmanned truck for delivery of goods. Instead of improving the existing Ford Focus, they’ve created a truck that is 2 times smaller than ordinary cars. Its operating name is...